Run like the wind kid!
The North West Broward Road Runners Club’s Youth Running Program motivates the training of beginner and advanced runners ages 4-14 who are interested in learning and improving running skills. The program focuses on endurance, speed training and helps kids enhance running skills for sports like baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, softball, volleyball, soccer and other athletics.
Event details and schedule
All children should wear suitable running shoes and clothing (dri-fit shirts and shorts are recommended for the Florida heat), bring a water bottle and towel to each session.
Our FALL session dates will be announced soon
- Saturdays 8:00am – 9:15am
- North Community Park (corner of Westview Dr. and Coral Springs Dr.)
- We will be training to run a 5K!
– Race registration fee is not included
– Each participant will register for the race individually
– More race information will become available during the season.
- Cost is per child and includes a NWBRRC youth running dri-fit shirt and participation medal. PLEASE note that shirt sizes are youth.
- This session focuses on proper stretching and breathing, pacing, running style and speed work! Parents are encouraged to participate!
Youth Running Head Coach
Melissa Schwartz: USATF Level 1 Certified
Coach Melissa has been coaching the Youth Running program and beginning adult runners for 12 seasons over the past 7 years. Her philosophy of training kids eager to run is to make the program not only challenging and rewarding, but most of all FUN. She strives to get to know the each child and inspire and motivate them to achieve their goals and become fit, well-rounded ‘athletes’!
Her personal experience includes over 12 years of competitive running, at distances from the mile to the half marathon, as well as Masters swimming, both pool and open water events.
She holds a USATF Level 1 coaching certification. Melissa is club coach as well as the Vice President of the NWBRRC.
Big Thanks To Our Youth Running Sponsors!
Winning is just finishing what you started!
Run Club Mission
- Promote runners health and wellness
- Provides support for all levels and abilities
- Helps runners achieve their goals
Dana Moss – Co-President
Susan Frezer – Co-President
Maida Velez-Kopet – Treasurer
Fabiola Pepe – Secretary
Direct all inquiries to: email@example.com
Tue – 5:00 am
Thu – 5:00 am
Sat – 5:30 am